Magnet School and Transfer Info
Let's celebrate! On August 15, 2022 Mission Avenue STEM Magnet School completed certification to be named a Magnet Schools of America (MSA - magnet.edu) Demonstration School! This is a huge accomplishment!
A magnet school is a special school that values high academic achievement along with diversity and community partnerships while also focusing on a special theme that is woven throughout the fabric of the school. These schools are so special that they draw students in, or are "magnetic!"
Mission Avenue Elementary is a STEM school, and part of the Engineering the Future Pathway Program. We integrate science, technology, engineering and math-focused curriculum, specific to our pathway.
The best part is that all students can apply regardless of attendance zone with district approved transfer.
Call us today for a tour!
What Makes Us Special
- We love to teach 21st century problem solving skills. Our school celebrates the "Habits of Mind"
- We love Hands-on explorative learning.
- We integrate the "Design Process" into our day in all subjects.
- We are part of the first and only PreK-12th STEM pathway in our state
- We love our community partners including Air Force Research Labs and Sandia National Labs